An Idea of Loft Conversions Costs
Loft conversion costs will vary depending on a number of factors. It’s a very common question that will vary depending on what kind of extension you want done and who does the conversion.
The main reason why a loft conversion is considered is to increase the size of your living accommodation. When you have settled into your home, decorated and made the kitchen and bathroom to your taste, you don’t really want to do it all again. You have probably made some local friends and settled your children in to good local school.
The loft space above could be converted to maybe two bedrooms with a bathroom. The cost of this loft conversion will be much lower than buying a bigger house, in some parts of the country adding a bedroom will cost a few hundred thousand pounds.
Using a professional loft conversions specialist who can provide the full package will be the best advice anyone can give you. A good loft conversion company should be able to undertake:
- Design scheme
- Planning permission and full planning advice
- Building regulations
- Full plumbing and boiler installation
- Full loft conversion build
- Electrical installation with an electrical certificate.
- Planning permission” or certificate of “Lawful development.”
You may think that the planning process is difficult and expensive. Most loft conversions require no planning permission. Most loft conversions can be done legally by obtaining a “Certificate of Lawful development”. Provided the following conditions are met:
- Rear dormers are set back from the eaves by 200mm
- Front dormers require planning
- Ridge height cannot be exceeded
- The overall increase in roof volume does not exceed 40m3 for a terrace and 50m3 for a semi or detached property.
- Similar building materials are used, like tiles and windows
The cost of the loft conversion will start from as little as £15,000 for a part-build roof-light conversion. A part build loft conversion usually involves the following:
- All structural works- floor, dormer, staircase
- All external works, windows fitted and external tiling and roof works
Works not done include, no insulation, electrical or plumbing, no plastering and second fix carpentry. A part build could cost 40% less than a full conversion.
Call Us Today For a 100% Free Quotation!
0113 347 7747
Call us today for a 100% Free Quotation!
0113 347 7747
(Click Number to Call)